Monday, January 17, 2005

Monday morning review

Household items, Good: DOB's dad fixed the vaccuum cleaner, so I should be able to keep D1 from wallowing in grime today. He also fixed the iron, which had broken last week as well (he's not sure how, but he took it apart and put it back together and now it works). I got a new sponge for my mop.

Household items, Bad: The screw in our evil bathtub drain has rusted out entirely. Home Depot workers could not identify the screw type to replace it, and the fittings are so different from normal bathtub drains that I'm not sure the whole shebang can be easily replaced. I'm not sure what to do next.

Organization, Good: I only have last night's and this morning's dishes to do this morning, less than usual on a Monday.

Organization, Bad: I still haven't finished putting away Christmas presents--I have a whole box of books still to deal with.

Schedule, Good: I've been up and dressed and had breakfast before D1 wakes up every morning for a week.

Schedule, Bad: Owing to a church business meeting and then how long it takes us to eat supper on Sunday nights, we got to bed two and a half hours late last night. We've come to the conclusion that we're going to have to have popcorn night some other night of the week. It just takes too long to chew.

No comments: