Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Speaking up

DOB brought home a pile of very nice maternity clothes from the wife of one of the other agents, who has decided she is done with maternity clothes. I am quite pleased with them, but was distressed to learn that she had already taken the vast majority of them to Goodwill two weeks before.

"See, that's what you get for not announcing sooner," she told DOB.

Actually, I would have offered them around to anybody I thought might expect to have more children at any point in the future, but then most people don't expect others to be ready to jump at deals so proactively. I was buying maternity clothes at garage sales last summer, including a very warm-looking green corduroy jacket I suspect I'll be living in come October. It never hurts to be prepared.

Except in lost closet space.

No comments: