Saturday, April 23, 2005

The Person She's Becoming

It's fascinating to watch the first glimmers of D1's unique personality and talents show themselves. Maybe 10 months is a bit premature to be guessing at her future life course, but I think there are a few things I can guess at. She is most definitely a people person, to a degree neither DOB or I will ever fully understand. She loves people. If she can't be with someone she knows, a stranger will do just fine. Even pictures of people are great.

She'll probably be easy to discipline most of the time, but she will have her feelings hurt very easily, especially by my tendency to get absorbed in something and ignore those around me. She'll want to follow me around and chatter about everything. She'll have dozens of friends, of all ages and conditions.

Sports will probably not interest her, at least not for the sake of motion or competition; as a social activity, sure. She will love stories. She also loves sounds, and will probably always enjoy music.

Anyway, that's all speculation. I'll come back in six or seven years and tell you if I was right.

On a completely unrelated note, it's SNOWING today. ARRGGGHHH! I hope it doesn't hurt my little seeds.

No comments: