Monday, March 24, 2008

Why is this so difficult?

I have a lot of files of book lists. Books I have read to the ducklings, which I might want to read again, to them or to a younger batch. Books I might want to read to the ducklings someday, but which they are still too young for. Books I want to read. Books I have read and now want to buy. Books I don't want to read (to save myself the bother of checking them out again).

Unfortunately, I have had no system of naming these files. So they're all named things like "Book List" "Reading List" "Books to Read Again." I usually have to open two or three files before I stumble upon the list I'm actually looking for.

It finally occurred to me today to at least name my personal reading list, the one I am most often looking for, "MY PERSONAL reading list." Now I hope that I can at least find it again on the first try.

1 comment:

Steve said...

So you don't think your previous naming experience was a direct result of the Tower of Babel experience - confounding you so you couldn't accomplish anything? (Like creating a book list that would reach to heaven)