Wednesday, September 16, 2009

We Finally Got THAT Question

Monday night we were eating dinner at the park and a very friendly and over-solicitous ten-year-old struck up a friendship with the twins, exclaiming over them, asking about their number of teeth and other essential details.

Finally she asked, "How do you tell them apart with their clothes off?"

"Well . . . um . . ." I said, "One's a boy and one's a girl."

"I can hardly tell them apart with their clothes on," she said.

"One has a wider face, too," I said. "But I did mix them up when they were first born."

She seemed satisfied with that.

2 comments:

the Joneses said...

Lack of comments lately isn't due to lack of interest. I'm all sympathy for you during house-selling time.

This post made me laugh out loud. It's a lot like in Cheaper by the Dozen, when Mother claims you can tell a boy from a girl by the way the baby's hair parts.

-- SJ

Wendy said...

Sounds like a kid who doesn't have a younger brother and sister!